Senior Research Analyst
The Healthy Markets Association is an education-focused 501(c)(6) organization dedicated to informing the discussions surrounding capital markets. As part of its ongoing mission, Healthy Markets has developed the Healthy Markets Research Institute. The Research Institute is seeking candidates to fill a Senior Research Analyst position.
A major initiative of the HMRI is to develop a data platform with public market data and private proprietary data that can be used by academics and other researchers to study market structure. The Senior Analyst will help to design and build the data platform, coordinating with Healthy Markets’ partners. Once the data platform is built, the Senior Analyst will focus on performing research studies and supporting any academics using the platform. The Senior Analyst will also work to develop analytical and visualization tools for general use.
Primary duties include:
- Coordinating development of the data platform;
- Designing and executing research studies on behalf of Healthy Markets;
- Building tools that external researchers, academics and others can use to perform effective research;
- Publishing research studies that are produced on behalf of Healthy Markets;
- Assisting external researchers in their use of the platform, which will include:
- Providing technical assistance on development,
- Troubleshooting problems that may be encountered in the development environment,
- Supporting studies that make the most efficient use of the research data platform’s resources,
- Reviewing code designed by researchers before it is executed on the research data platform, and
- Reviewing the results of studies run on the platform.
Other duties that the Senior Research Analyst should be able to perform include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day maintenance of numerous and simultaneously ongoing projects;
- Providing safe and secure management of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Reviewing and abstracting published research;
- Summarizing and preparing findings for publication.
Healthy Markets is run by a distributed team around the country, and the expectation is that the Senior Research Analyst would be working from their own location.
- Minimum five years of Industry experience necessary, preferably as a quantitative analyst at a proprietary trading firm, or performing execution quality/venue analysis at a B/D or asset manager;
- Some academic background with a graduate degree in either Computer Science, Math or Finance;
- Strong foundation in analyzing tick data with different quantitative methods, including execution quality and market quality analysis;
- Machine learning background preferred;
- Python experience preferred, experience with iPython/Jupyter notebooks a major plus;
- Experience with visualization tools (Tableau, python, et al) would be a major plus;
- Applicable understanding of cloud infrastructure, capabilities and scaling.
This position reports to the Director of the HMRI. Strong candidates for the position will be expected to work both independently and in coordination with others, including a Research Analyst. This position will demand careful attention to detail, the capacity to produce continuous and high quality work, and the ability to delegate tasks where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate strong organizational skills, a capacity to manage multiple project tasks simultaneously, and a passion for learning about cutting edge advances in cloud technology, “big data” research techniques and machine learning.
Contingent upon experience.
- Casual, but demanding work environment;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Significant opportunity for professional advancement;
- The opportunity to be part of something which will truly help to make investors better informed and markets healthier.
See http://www.healthymarkets.org/ to learn more about the Healthy Markets Association or http://www.healthymarkets.org/research-institute/ to learn more about the Healthy Markets Research Institute.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.