2017 Healthy Market Structure Conference
An afternoon of learning with the leaders in market-structure, followed by a keynote from SEC Commissioner Kara M. Stein discussing upcoming market structure initiatives. The evening lightning rounds debate top issues facing market participants, including, market data and access fees, incentives to trade, and top MiFID II impacts.
Day 1 - Tuesday, 11 July
- 12:30 p.m. Registration, Harvard Club of Boston, 374 Commonwealth Ave, Back Bay
- 1:00 p.m. Welcome to the Conference
- 1:10 p.m. Fireside Chat with FINRA General Counsel Bob Colby
- 1:40 p.m. Costs and Incentives for Trading
Exploration of the costs and incentives to trade, and their impacts. We’ll explore brokers’ order routing conflicts, the Access Fee Pilot, and more.
- 2:30 p.m. Networking Break / Snacks and Beverages
- 2:50 p.m Defending the Trade
In an increasingly complex trading environment, how can the buy side defend alpha, limit information leakage and mitigate implementation costs?
- 3:30 p.m. Modern Transaction Cost Analysis--From Investors to Brokers to Venues
From self-help questionnaires to third-party analysis, we’ll explore modern TCA, and offer suggestions on improving efficacy while decreasing your burdens, as well highlight some opportunities to make your work easier.
4:10 p.m. Networking Break / Snacks and Beverages
- 4:30 p.m. Keynote by Hon. Kara M. Stein, Securities and Exchange Commission
- 5:00 p.m. Market Structure - Lightning Rounds
A view from Capitol Hill, Impact of MiFID II, Predictions for regulatory changes, and more.
- 5:45 p.m. Closing Remarks
- 6:00 p.m. Conference Ends
7:00 p.m. Dinner at Grill 23, 161 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA
*** *** ***
Day 2 - Wednesday, 12 July
9:00 a.m. Golf at The International Golf Club
*** *** ***